After months of wedding planning, a honeymoon is one of the most highly anticipated trips you'll ever take.
From beach to adventure, the options are endless. Here are a few tips to help with the planning process:
1. The two biggest considerations are time and budget. You won't want to spend long amounts of time
traveling if your entire honeymoon is less than seven days.
2. Set up a honeymoon registry where your wedding guests can contribute to the expenses! They'll love
gifting you with an unforgettable experience such as a candlelight dinner on the beach or tour.
3. PASSPORTS! If your passport is issued in your maiden name, make sure the information on your air and
hotel reservations match your passport and any other required travel documentation. Passports can be
amended when you return from your Honeymoon at no additional cost. Passport information can be found
4. Pamper yourself and look at upgrading your room to a suite or by considering hotels that cater to
5. Make sure to leave at least one day in between your wedding day and honeymoon trip. Most flights to
the Caribbean leave at night, so you'll want to make sure you have everything ready and give yourself
enough time to get to the airport.
6. Plan your honeymoon trousseau in advance to ensure everything is cleaned, pressed and coordinated.
7. Bring a copy of your marriage certificate. Some hotels require proof of marriage to take advantage of
special amenities exclusive for honeymooning couples.
8. Going to the Caribbean? Go for the all-inclusive honeymoon package! With your food, beverages,
accommodations, and amenities taken care of, it'll be one less thing on your mind as you travel.
9. Don't plan too many activities, you'll appreciate having time to relax and unwind.
10. Don't forget to take your camera!